The Big Event was a Canada-only professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), which took place on August 28, 1986, at the CNE Stadium in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The event drew a legitimate crowd of 74,000 fans which was an outdoor attendance record at the time. The event set an attendance record for a wrestling show that would not be beaten until WrestleMania III. The event was later released on VHS tape by Coliseum Home Video. Commentary for the event was done by Gorilla Monsoon, Johnny Valiant, and Ernie Ladd.
The Big Event was a major event by the World Wrestling Federation.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) defeated The Funk Brothers (Hoss Funk & Jimmy Jack Funk) (w/ Jimmy Hart) (6:43)
- King Tonga vs. Magnificent Muraco (w/ Mr. Fuji) ended in a Time Limit Draw (11:20)
- Ted Arcidi defeated Tony Garea (2:41)
- The Junkyard Dog defeated Adrian Adonis (w/ Jimmy Hart) by Count Out (4:12)
- Dick Slater defeated Iron Mike Sharpe (2:33)
- Big John Studd, Bobby Heenan & King Kong Bundy defeated Captain Lou Albano & The Machines (Big Machine & Super Machine) (w/ Giant Machine) by DQ (7:48)
- Ricky Steamboat defeated Jake Roberts in a Snake Pit Match (10:17)
- Billy Jack Haynes defeated Hercules Hernandez (6:06)
- The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques Rougeau & Raymond Rougeau) defeated The Dream Team (Brutus Beefcake & Greg Valentine) (14:54)
- Harley Race defeated Pedro Morales (3:23)
- Hulk Hogan (c) defeated Paul Orndorff (w/ Bobby Heenan) by DQ to retain the WWF Championship (11:05)