The 2001 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the fifth annual Verano de Escándalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 16, 2001 in Naucalpan, Mexico. The Main event featured an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match between the team of El Canek, Zorro, Latin Lover and Heavy Metal facing the team of Cibernético, Headhunter I, Electroshock and Abismo Negro.
The event featured eight professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Octagóncito, Mascarita Sagrada 2000 and La Parkita defeated Mini Psicosis, Mini Abismo Negro and Rocky Marvin in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Los Barrio Boys (Alan, Billy Boy and Decnis) wrestled to a draw against Oyanagai Nitohei, Milano Collection AT and an unidentified third opponent in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Los Vatos Locos (Espiritu, Nygma, Silver Cat and El Picudo) defeated Los Vipers (Psicosis II, Histeria, Maniaco and Mosco de la Merced), Los Exoticos (May Flowers, Polvo de Estrella, Cassandro and ??) and the Black Family (Charly Manson, Ozz, Cuervo and Escoria) in a Elimination match
- La Parka, Jr., Máscara Sagrada, Sangre Chicana and Octagón defeated Pirata Morgan, El Texano, Jerry Estrada and El Engendro via Disqualifiation in a Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- El Alebrije, Super Crazy and Randy defeated Máscara Maligna, Pentagón III and Monsther in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Pimpinela Escarlata went to a draw with Tiffany in a Luchas de Apuestas "hair vs. hair" match. As a result, both had their heads shaved.
- El Canek, Zorro, Latin Lover and Heavy Metal defeated Cibernético, Headhunter I, Electroshock and Abismo Negro in an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match