The 1999 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the third annual Verano de Escándalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 17, 1999 in Mexico City, Mexico. The Main event featured a Steel Cage Match Luchas de Apuestas where the loser would have to unmask or have his hair shaved off. The team of Heavy Metal and Octagón faced Jaque Mate and Kick Boxer.
The event featured six professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Rossy Moreno, Xóchitl Hamada and Miss Janeth defeated Cynthia, Alda and Esther Moreno in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Thai Boxer, Street Boxer, Antonio Silva and Carlos Gutierrez defeated Los Vatos Locos (Charly Manson, Nygma, El Picudo and May Flowers) by disqualification in a Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- Abismo Negro, Electroshock, Pentagón II and Gran Apache defeated El Alebrije, El Felino, Path Finder and Oscar Sevilla by disqualification in an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- Los Vipers (Mosco del la Merced, Histeria, Psicosis II and Maniaco) defeated Los Junior Atomicos (La Parka, Jr., Perro Aguayo Jr., Blue Demon, Jr. and Máscara Sagrada, Jr.) to win the Mexican National Atomicos Championship in an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- El Canek, Perro Aguayo and Latin Lover defeated Sangre Chicana, Cibernético and Pirata Morgan in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Heavy Metal and Octagón defeated Jaque Mate and Kick Boxer in a Steel Cage Match Lucha de Apuestas, "loser loses mask or hair" match. Kick Boxer was unmasked due to his loss.