Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Notable entrants in the Tournament of Death have included Necro Butcher, Ian Rotten, Corporal Robinson, Nick Mondo, Ruckus, Eddie Kingston and Mickie Knuckles (the only female entrant to date) and Japanese deathmatch legend Abdullah Kobayashi. Many of the cards have also included non-tournament matches featuring top independent wrestlers such as Sonjay Dutt, Nick Berk, Trent Acid, The Blackout and B-Boy.
List of winners
- ToD I (2002) Wifebeater
- ToD II (2003) Nick Mondo
- ToD III (2004) Wifebeater
- ToD IIII (2005) Necro Butcher
- ToD V (2006) Nick Gage
- ToD VI (2007) Drake Younger
- ToD:FF (2007) Brain Damage
- ToD VII (2008) Danny Havoc
- ToD VIII (2009) DJ Hyde
- ToD:REWIND (2009) Thumbtack Jack
- ToD IX (2010) Scotty Vortekz
- ToD vs Gorefest (2010) Nick F'n Gage
- ToD X (2011) Masada
Tournament of Death I
August 31, 2002 saw the first annual CZW Tournament of Death Tournament, held in Dover, Delaware. Non-tournament matches included a tag scramble match which saw The Backseat Boyz defeat Derek Frasier & Sonjay Dutt, Jon Dahmer & Towel Boy and The New School, as well as a Three Way Dance in which Ruckus defeated Justice Pain and Nick Berk. On winning the tournament, Wifebeater became the CZW Death Match Champion, however, the title was vacated on November 9 2002 upon his retirement.
- Wifebeater def. Necro Butcher - Staple Gun & Mousetraps & Falls Count Anywhere
- Nick Gage def. Toby Klein - Barbed Wire Boards & Wooden Strips with Nails
- Nick Mondo def. Homeless Jimmy - Weapons
- Wifebeater def. Nick Gage - Panes of Glass, Lightube And Ultraviolent Barbed Wire Match
- Nick Mondo def. The Messiah - Fans Bring The Weapons
- Wifebeater def. Nick Mondo - Barbed Wire Ropes, 200 Light Tubes, Weedwacker And Panes Of Glass Match
†Both men were attacked by Lobo, Rockin Rebel, Z-Barr, Adam Flash, & Danny Rose. Lobo then entered Flash into the tournament and challenged anyone in the locker room. The Messiah returned and defeated Flash with Carlito's Way
Tournament of Death II
July 26, 2003 saw the second CZW Tournament of Death, again held in Dover, Delaware. Non-tournament matches included Trent Acid pinning Z-Barr, Johnny Kashmere pinning Nick Berk, and a tag match in which B-Boy & Messiah defeated Sonjay Dutt & Ruckus. Although Nick Mondo won the tournament, due to the injuries he sustained he had to vacate his CZW Iron Man Championship afterwards.
- Zandig def. Nate Webb - Panes of Glass Match
- Nick Mondo def. JC Bailey - Light Tubes & Ladders Match
- Necro Butcher def. Corporal Robinson - 4 Corners of Pain Match
- Ian Rotten def. Nick Gage - Barbed Wire Boards & Light Tube Table Match
- Ian Rotten def. Necro Butcher - Fans Bring The Weapons Match
- Nick Mondo def. Zandig - 2/3 Light Tube Log Cabins Match
- "Sick" Nick Mondo def. Ian Rotten - Barbed Wire Ropes, 200 Light Tubes Match
Tournament of Death III
On July 24, 2004, the third CZW Tournament of Death (subtitled Banned...My Ass) was held in Smyrna, Delaware. This year there were no non-tournament matches held, however, the number of entrants rose from eight to twelve (including representatives of Canada's International Wrestling Syndicate).
↑ Ruckus entered as a substitute for John Zandig
- Arsenal def. Evil Ninja #2 - 2/3 Light Tube Log Cabins Match
- Nick Gage def. Ruckus - Barbed Wire Boards Match
- Wifebeater def. Mad Man Pondo - Fans Bring the Weapons Match
- Sexxxy Eddy def. Ian Knoxx - Thumbtacks, Carpet Strips & Board Match
- Necro Butcher def. The Green Phantom - Fans Bring the Weapons Match
- JC Bailey def. Chri$ Ca$h - Light Tubes & Ladders Match
- Sexxxy Eddy def. Arsenal - Light Tube Ropes & Light Tube Corners Match‡
- Wifebeater def. JC Bailey - Fans Bring the Weapons Match
- Necro Butcher def. Nick Gage - Panes of Glass Match
- Wifebeater def. Necro Butcher - Barbed Wire Ropes, Fans Bring The Weapons, Light Tube Cage Part, Barbed Wire Cage Part & Falls Count Anywhere Match
‡ Sexxxy Eddy was taken to hospital following the match after suffering a wound to the arm, and so could not compete in the final
Tournament of Death IV
On July 30, 2005, the fourth CZW Tournament of Death took place in New Castle, Delaware. This year's show included a non-tournament Ultraviolent Student Battle Royal, won by WHACKS, as well as featuring Gypsy Joe as special guest referee for the tournament final. After the final, as Necro Butcher had eliminated the then CZW Ultraviolent Underground Champion Zandig, he was awarded the title.
↑ Robbie Mireno and Eddie Kingston entered as one, losing to Zandig in a first round handicap match
- JC Bailey def. Sexxxy Eddy - Barbed Wire Madness Match
- Toby Klein def. Mad Man Pondo - Light Tube Ropes & Light Tube Corners Match
- Brain Damage def. Beef Wellighton - 2/3 Ultraviolent Tables Match
- Necro Butcher def. Ian Rotten - Home Run Derby Deathmatch
- Nick Gage def. Nate Webb - Ladders And Lighttubes Match
- Zandig def. Robbie Mireno and Eddie Kingston - Fans Bring The Weapons Match
- Necro Butcher def. Brain Damage - Fans Bring The Weapons Match
- Zandig def. Toby Klein - 2/3 Light Tube Log Cabins Match
- Nick Gage def. JC Bailey - Panes Of Glass Match
- Necro Butcher def. Zandig and Nick Gage - Ultraviolent Boxes, Squared Circle Of Fear & Whatever The F@#k Is Left Match
Tournament of Death V
The fifth CZW Tournament of Death was held in Smyrna, Delaware on July 29, 2006. The format changed slightly for this show, with the first round matches being three-way elimination matches, the second round matches being 4-way double elimination matches, and the final being a single elimination 4 way match. Non-tournament matches included The Blackout (Ruckus & Robbie Mireno) defeating Drew Gulak & Jimmy Dream, and Kylie defeating former ECW star Chad Austin.
- Brandon Prophet and Nick Gage elim. Andy Sumner - Barbed Wire Ropes & Light Tubes Match
- JC Bailey and Drake Younger elim. Lobo - Light Tubes & Barbed Wire Spider Webs Match
- Brain Damage and Necro Butcher elim. Toby Klein - Barbed Wire Ropes, Fans Bring The Weapons Match
- Danny Havoc and DJ Hyde elim. John Zandig - Barbed Wire Ropes, Barbed Wire Boards & Panes Of Glass Match
- Nick Gage and Brain Damage elim. Brandon Prophet and Necro Butcher - Fans Bring The Weapons Match
- Drake Younger and JC Bailey elim. DJ Hyde and Danny Havoc - Light Tubes, Ladders & Lemons Match
- Nick Gage def. Brain Damage, Drake Younger and JC Bailey - Light Tubes, Panes of Glass & Fans Bring The Weapons Match
Tournament of Death VI
Tournament of Death VI returned to Smyrna, Delaware on June 9, 2007. This was a 12 man tournament, with non-tournament matches including Team AnDrew (Andy Sumner & Drew Gulak) defeating the then CZW Tag Team Champions The Blackout (Ruckus & Sabian) in a non-title match.
- Danny Havoc def. Scotty Vortekz - Light Tubes, Ladders, & Light Tube Log Cabin Match
- Insane Lane def. Freakshow - Home Run Derby Match
- DJ Hyde (with Maven Bentley) def. Mad Man Pondo - Shattered Dreams Match
- Brain Damage (with Maven Bentley) def. Toby Klein (with Billy Graham) - Barbed Wire Boards, Fans Bring the Weapons Match
- Drake Younger def. Dustin Lee - Light Tubes & Light Tube Table Match
- Necro Butcher def. John Zandig - No Rope Barbed Wire, Barbed Wire Boards, Panes of Glass & Barbed Wire Spider Web Match
- Drake Younger def. Danny Havoc and DJ Hyde - 3-Way Weedwhackers Elimination Match
- Brain Damage def. Insane Lane and Necro Butcher - 3-Way Fans Bring the Weapons Elimination Match
- Drake Younger def. Brain Damage - Ultraviolent Divide & Conquer, 200 Light Tubes & Lumberjack Match
Tournament of Death: Fast Forward
Tournament of Death: Fast Forward took place September 15, 2007. It was a mini-TOD for the vacant Ultraviolent Underground title.
Tournament of Death VII
Tournament of Death VII took place for the third year in a row in Smyrna, Delaware, on May 17, 2008 and marked the first time a female competitor had entered the tournament. It included a non-tournament match between The Blackout (Ruckus & Sabian) and Joe Gacy & Alex Colon. Attendance was reported as 527.
Tournament of Death VIII
Tournament of Death VIII took place on June 6, 2009 at the Ultraviolent Underground in Townsend, Delaware. Attendance was around 250.