The Great American Bash 1989 took place on July 23, 1989 at the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey (w/ Teddy Long) won a Two-Ring King of the Hill Battle Royal, also involving: Eddie Gilbert, Terry Gordy, Scott Hall, Bill Irwin, Brian Pillman, Ranger Ross, Mike Rotunda, Ron Simmons, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner and Kevin Sullivan
- Brian Pillman defeated Bill Irwin (10:18)
- The Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey) (w/ Teddy Long) defeated The Dynamic Dudes (Johnny Ace and Shane Douglas) (9:14)
- Jim Cornette defeated Paul E. Dangerously in a Tuxedo match (6:22)
- The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) (w/ Missy Hyatt) defeated Mike Rotunda and Kevin Sullivan in a Texas Tornado match (4:22)
- Both Steiners pinned Sullivan.
- Sting (w/ Eddie Gilbert) defeated The Great Muta (w/ Gary Hart) to retain the NWA World Television Championship (8:40)
- Sting pinned Muta.
- However, due to controversy in the match, the NWA World Television title was held up.
- Lex Luger defeated Ricky Steamboat by disqualification to retain the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (10:26)
- The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal), The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane) and Steve Williams (with Paul Ellering and Jim Cornette) defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy) and The Samoan Swat Team (Samu and Fatu) (w/ Paul E. Dangerously) in a WarGames match (22:18)
- Hawk forced Garvin to submit.
- Ric Flair defeated Terry Funk (w/ Gary Hart) to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (17:23)