Survivor Series 2007 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which took place on November 18, 2007 at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. It was presented by THQ's WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008. It was the 21st annual Survivor Series and starred wrestlers from the Raw, SmackDown!, and ECW brands.
The show's seven matches showcased prominent WWE wrestlers, who acted out the franchise's stories in and out of the ring. The main event featured SmackDown wrestlers in a Hell in a Cell match, in which the ring was surrounded by a roofed steel structure. In this match, World Heavyweight Champion Batista defeated The Undertaker to retain his title. In Raw's main match, Randy Orton defeated Shawn Michaels in a singles match, while in ECW's prime match, ECW Champion CM Punk defeated John Morrison and The Miz in a Triple Threat match to retain the title. Two matches were on the undercard. The first was a singles match, in which The Great Khali defeated Hornswoggle. The other featured Team Triple H (Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and Kane) defeating Team Umaga (Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, Montel Vontavious Porter, Finlay and Big Daddy V) in an inter-brand five-on-four Survivor Series elimination tag team match.
Survivor Series helped WWE increase its pay-per-view revenue by $1.2 million, through ticket sales and pay-per-view buys. It received mixed critical reviews by various independent sources, including Canadian Online Explorer and the Pro Wrestling Torch. After its release on DVD, the event peaked at number five on Billboard's Video Sales chart, before it fell off the chart after ten weeks.
After Survivor Series, Randy Orton was scripted into a feud with Chris Jericho, who made his return to WWE after a two-year hiatus. The following night on Raw, the evolving feud culminated into a match being promoted for Armageddon, WWE's December pay-per-view. At Armageddon, Orton retained his WWE Title. After Batista retained his World Heavyweight Championship, Edge was scripted into a rivalry with him over his title. Eventually, The Undertaker was also placed in feud, which led to the advertising of a Triple Threat match at Armageddon for the title. At Armageddon, Edge won the World Heavyweight Championship. Due to the events that occurred at Survivor Series, a match was announced between Finlay and The Great Khali for Armageddon. Finlay prevailed at Armageddon via pinning The Great Khali. After remaining as the sole survivors in their Elimination tag team match, Triple H and Jeff Hardy were promoted into a match for Armageddon, in which the winner would win the opportunity to challenge for the WWE Championship. At Armageddon, Hardy defeated Triple H. Because Beth Phoenix and Mickie James were the leaders of their teams at Survivor Series, a feud evolved from this, which culminated into a match at Armageddon over Phoenix's WWE Women's Championship. Phoenix retained her title at Armageddon.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- CM Punk (c) defeated John Morrison and The Miz in a Triple Threat Match to retain the ECW Championship. (7:56)
- Mickie James, Maria, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly & Torrie Wilson defeated Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall, Layla El, Melina & Victoria. (4:38)
- Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch (c) defeated Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes to retain the World Tag Team Championship. (7:56)
- Team Triple H (Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and Kane) defeated Team Umaga (Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, Montel Vontavious Porter, Finlay, and Big Daddy V) (w/ Matt Striker) in a Five on Four Traditional Survivor Series Match. (22:16)
- The Great Khali (w/ Ranjin Singh) defeated Hornswoggle by disqualification (3:16)
- Randy Orton (c) defeated Shawn Michaels to retain the WWE Championship (17:47)
- Batista (c) defeated The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship (21:23)
Survivor Series Elimination Matches
|Elimination||Wrestler||Team||Eliminated by||Elimination move|
|1||Kane||Team Triple H||Big Daddy V||Pinfall after an Elbow Drop|
|2||Rey Mysterio||Team Triple H||Umaga||Pinfall after a Samoan Spike|
|3||MVP||Team Umaga||Jeff Hardy||Pinfall after a Twist of Fate|
|4||Mr. Kennedy||Team Umaga||Triple H||Pinfall after an Elbow Drop from Big Daddy V|
|5||Big Daddy V||Team Umaga||Triple H||Pinfall after a Double DDT with Jeff Hardy|
|6||Finlay||Team Umaga||Triple H||Pinfall after a Pedigree|
|7||Umaga||Team Umaga||Jeff Hardy||Pinfall after a Pedigree from Triple H and a Swanton Bomb.|
|Survivor(s):||Triple H and Jeff Hardy (Team Triple H)|
Other on-screen talent
- History of Survivor Series on WWE.com
- Survivor Series 2007 at CAGEMATCH.net
- Survivor Series 2007 at Online World of Wrestling
| 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001|
2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015
|2007 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|New Years Revolution • Royal Rumble • No Way Out • WrestleMania • Backlash • Judgment Day • One Night Stand • Vengeance: Night of Champions • The Great American Bash • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • No Mercy • Cyber Sunday • Survivor Series • Armageddon|