To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, this PPV article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
| Starrcade 1998|
|Date||December 27, 1998|
|Last Event||World War 3|
|Next Event||Souled Out|
Starrcade (1998) was the sixteenth annual Starrcade professional wrestling pay-per-view event. It was the eleventh Starrcade event produced by World Championship Wrestling (WCW), and it took place on December 27, 1998 from the MCI Center in Washington, D.C.
The main event was a No Disqualification match between Goldberg and Kevin Nash for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Their feud began when Nash won a battle royal at World War 3, and earned a title match. Other matches included Diamond Dallas Page against The Giant, Eric Bischoff against Ric Flair, and Konnan against Chris Jericho for the WCW World Television Championship.
- 1. WCW World Cruiserweight Title Triangle match: Kidman (c) v. Rey Mysterio Jr. v. Juventud Guerrera
- 2. Norman Smiley v. Prince Iaukea
- 3. Ernest "The Cat" Miller w/Sonny Onoo v. Perry Saturn
- 4. Scott Norton & Brian Adams w/Vincent v. Fit Finlay & Jerry Flynn
- 5. WCW World Television Title match: Konnan (c) v. Chris Jericho w/Ralphus
- 5. Eric Bischoff v. Ric Flair
- 6. The Giant v. Diamond Dallas Page
- 7. WCW World Heavyweight Title No DQ match: Goldberg (173-0) (c) v. Kevin Nash
Full Results BelowEdit
- Match #1: Triangle Match For The WCW World Cruiserweight Title: Kidman (c) over Juventud Guerrera and Rey Mysterio Jr. to retain. Eddie Guerrero came out as Rey was on the outside recovering from Kidman's Shooting Star Press to the outside and as the Ref was arguing with Eddie, Kidman rolled Juvi up with a Sunset Flip, Eddie pushed the Ref to a downed Rey and then slid into the ring and pushed Kidman over and into Juvi's pin, but Rey followed the Ref into the ring and Dropkicked Juvi, rolling Kidman back into the pin and as Eddie gloated to the fans, Kidman got the pin.
-Eddie got into the ring after the match and talked down both Juvi and Rey and then challenged Kidman, who walked from the back and challenged Eddie to a Title match right now and it was accepted
- Match #1b: For The WCW World Cruiserweight Championship: Kidman (c) over Eddie Guerrero w/His Bodyguard, Juventud Guerrera and Rey Mysterio Jr. to retain. Eddie's Bodyguard distracted the Ref as Juvi knocked Kidman off the Top Rope. Eddie put Kidman on the Top Turnbuckle and then attempted a Super Frankensteiner, but Rey pulled Eddie's leg, causing him to Crotch on the Top and the fall to the mat, Kidman followed with a Shooting Star Press and the pin and left with Rey
- Match #2: Norman Smiley over Prince Iaukea. Iaukea blocked a Norman Conquest attempt, but went into a Backslide, which Iaukea countered with a Irish Whip attempt, which was then countered into The Norman Conquest, Iaukea struggled to break it, but Norman locked his hands and then dropped to the mat, forcing Prince to Tap Out
- Match #3: Perry Saturn over Ernest Miller. Miller tells Sonny Onoo to get into the ring and while Miller held Saturn, Onoo went for a Roundhouse Kick, Saturn moved and Miller took the Kick. Miller then Kicked Onoo, allowing Saturn to pick Miller up in a Fireman's Carry and hit a Death Valley Driver and pin
- Match #4: Scott Norton & Brian Adams over Jerry Flynn & Fit Finaly. Flynn dropped Norton with a Reverse Enziguri, bringing Adams and Finlay into the ring, Adams gets dropped and Finlay takes him to the outside, Flynn Sidekicks Vincent off the apron, allowing Norton to floor Lynn with a Lariat and follow with a Powerbomb and the pin
- Match #5: For The WCW World Telvision Championship: Konnan (c) over Chris Jericho w/Ralphus to retain. Konnan inadvertently hit the REf, Jericho grabbed the Title and knocked down Konnan. Jericho went for the pin, but by the time the Ref made the count, Konnan kicked out at 2. Jericho then sent Konnan into the Ropes and attempted a Press, but Konnan slipped over the back, kicked Jericho in the gut and then hit a Jumping Facebuster and then locked in The Tequila Sunrise and Jericho was forced to Tap Out
- Match #6: Eric Bischoff over Ric Flair. While the Ref was down on the mat, Flair locked Bischoff in a Figure Four and while his attention was trying to get the Ref up, Curt Hennig ran out and slipped Brass Knuckles on Bischoff's hand and when Flair leaned in, Bischoff knocked him out and then got the pin when the Ref came to
- Match #7: Diamond Dallas Page over The Giant. Giant lifted DDP up by his throat and put him on the Top Rope, then Giant attempted to Chokeslam DDP off the Top, but DDP countered into The Diamond Cutter and pinned
- Match #8: No Disqualification Match For The WCW World Heavywight Championship: Kevin Nash over Goldberg (c) (Broke 173-0 Record) to become the New WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Goldberg Clotheslined a interfering Bam Bam Bigelow over the Top Rope, bringing Security out to detain Bam Bam, but Scott Hall, dressed as a Security Guard, hopped on the apronwith a Cattle Prod and Electrocuted Goldberg, allowing Nash to give Goldberg a Jacknife Powerbomb and pin
|National Wrestling Alliance|
|1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990|
|World Championship Wrestling|
|1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found