Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shane Veryzer (September 24, 1985) is an Australian professional wrestler, better known by the ring name Shane Haste. He is currently signed to WWE under the ring name Shane Thorne. He is best known for his work in Pro Wrestling Noah, where he is a former two-time GHC Tag Team Champion.
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2003–2011)
Veryzer started training in Perth at the Dynamite Factory, the wrestling school of Explosive Pro Wrestling. His debut match took place in February 2003 in a four-way match at The Uprising. Since then he has become one of the top Australian wrestlers, becoming the EPW heavyweight champion and the EPW tag team champion twice. After working all over the Australian continent he moved to California and started working for some of the biggest independent wrestling promotions in the US, such as Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Ohio Valley Wrestling and World League Wrestling.
Pro Wrestling Noah (2011–2016)
On 23 February 2011 Haste made his debut in Pro Wrestling Noah as he had a try-out match against his teammate Mikey Nicholls. A month after the try-out match both men started to work full-time with the Japanese promotion. On 7 July 2013 Haste and Nicholls won the GHC Tag Team Championship after they defeated Toru Yano and Takashi Iizuka. They lost the title to Maybach Taniguchi and Takeshi Morishima on 25 January 2014. They regained the title from Dangan Yankies (Masato Tanaka and Takashi Sugiura) on 10 January 2015. They lost the title to K.E.S. (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer) on 11 February. On 28 December 2015, Noah announced that Haste and Nicholls would leave the promotion following their contracts expiring at the end of the year. On 11 February 2016, Noah announced that Haste and Nicholls would return to the promotion the following month to take part in a five-show-long farewell tour, entitled "Departure to the World". Their final Noah match took place on 10 March and saw them defeat Naomichi Marufuji and Mitsuhiro Kitamiya.
New Japan Pro Wrestling (2014–2016)
On 20 December 2014, Haste and Nicholls made their debut for New Japan Pro Wrestling, when they, along with Naomichi Marufuji, were revealed as Toru Yano's tag team partners at Wrestle Kingdom 9 in Tokyo Dome on 4 January 2015. At the event, the four defeated Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, Shelton X Benjamin and Takashi Iizuka) in an eight-man tag team match.
On 25 March 2016, WWE confirmed the signings of both Haste and his tag team partner, Mikey Nicholls. They will begin training at the WWE Performance Center in April, while working for the promotion's developmental branch NXT.
- Finishing moves
- "Black Swan"
Championships and accomplishments
- Explosive Professional Wrestling
- EPW Championship (1 time)
- EPW Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Alex Kingston (1) and Mikey Nicholls (1)
- ANZAC Day Cup (2009)
- Invitational Trophy (2007)
- Match of the Year (2009) - Blitz Team vs. Chase Griffin & Dan Moore at Evolution
- Most Improved Wrestler (2006)
- Rookie of the Year (2003)
- Wrestler of the Year (2007, 2008)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him #184 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2015
- Pro Wrestling Noah
- GHC Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Mikey Nicholls
- Global Tag League Fighting Spirit Award (2015) – with Mikey Nicholls
- Tokyo Sports
- Best Tag Team Award (2013) – with Mikey Nicholls
- Westside Pro Wrestling
- International Impact Award (2011 co-winner, 2012)
- Tag Team of the Year (2009) - Blitz Team
- Tag Team of the Year (2010) - TMDK
- The Grand Slam Club (2011)
- Shane Veryzer on Twitter