The September 6, 1998 Edition of Heat is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE, which took place at the New Haven Coliseum in New Haven, Connecticut, USA. It was taped on August 31, 1998.
Steve Austin is in the arena. Or rather drinking a beer outside the arena next to a production truck.
Ken Shamrock and Bradshaw fought for a few minutes before Vader jumped in the ring and attacked Bradshaw. Bradshaw was able to retaliate and trade punches with Vader. After Vader left, Shamrock learned that he lost by disqualification and got pissed.
Kane and Undertaker get a tag win over LOD 2K thanks to a kneebar by The Undertaker on Animal. During the match Hawk called in and announced that he was entering a rehab facility. Vince McMahon appeared in the entranceway and enjoyed the Kane & Undertaker victory. After the match, they continue to punish Animal & Droz.
Backstage Steve Austin watches TV.
Steve Austin in on the phone outside. He kicks the cameraman for getting too close.
D'Lo Brown successfully defended his European Title against Val Venis. He pinned him with a German suplex delivered as Venis was stunned from hitting an exposed turnbuckle. After the match, Venis stripped Brown of his chest protector and donned it himself to hit Brown with a Money Shot.
Vince McMahon gives an interview from in the ring. He gloats that he will be able to make Steve Austin lose the title soon. He invites Kane & The Undertaker to come down since they've been looking for him. After they do so, Vince apologizes to them for calling them pussies and flatters both of them. Vince then calls Steve Austin down. After he joins them in the ring, Vince dresses him down and says he doesn't understand why Austin is popular. Then he reveals his "Master Plan". Austin will defend his title against both Kane and The Undertaker in a triple threat match at Breakdown.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Singles Match: Gangrel defeated Dick Togo (w/ Wally Yamaguchi) (2:14)
- Gangrel pinned Togo after an Implant DDT.
- Singles Match: Bradshaw defeated Ken Shamrock (1:57)
- Shamrock was disqualified after Vader attacked Bradshaw.
- Singles Match: The Road Dogg (w/ Billy Gunn) defeated Dennis Knight (w/ Mark Canterbury) (2:26)
- Tag Team Match: The Undertaker and Kane defeated LOD 2K (Animal & Droz) (2:55)
- Undertaker made Animal submit to a kneebar.
- Singles Match: Edge defeated Taka Michinoku (w/ Wally Yamaguchi) (2:07)
- Edge pinned Michinoku after a Downward Spiral.
- WWF European Championship Match: D'Lo Brown (c) defeated Val Venis (2:54)
- Brown pinned Venis after a German suplex.