Ken Shamrock opened the show by defeateding Vader in a longish match (for Heat). Afterwards he grabbed a microphone and he complained that in the year and a half since he's been in the WWF, he's only had one title shot. He called out Steve Austin as being the one guy he hasn't beaten yet. He challenged him to put his title on the line anywhere, anyplace.
Val Venis won a match over Marc Mero by disqualification after Jacqueline attack him. Before his match, Val Venis compares himself to Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa, claiming that he has the biggest bat in the game. During the match Dustin Runnels walked around with a "He Is Coming Back" sign.
In the entranceway, Michael Cole interviewed Marc Mero and Jacqueline. Jacqueline accepted Sable's challenge. Meanwhile in the ring, Runnels assaulted Venis and beat him with his belt until referees separated them.
D'Lo Brown faced Kane, but the match was thrown out with no closing bell. The Rock ran-in and attacked Kane, but Kane was able to overcome the chairshots. Kane and the Undertaker planted Mark Henry with a double chokeslam, then hit a spike Tombstone on Brown.
Jeff Jarrett defeated X-Pac in a lumberjack match. Each man brought a tag team as part of the lumberjacks and both teams factored heavily in the end of the match and the post-match brawl.
Steve Austin hit the ring and grabbed a microphone. He reminds everyone that he beat Undertaker at SummerSlam fair and square, but he respected him because he took him on one-on-one. Regarding Shamrock, he respects his time in the UFC, but screw the UFC because this is the WWF. He invited Shamrock to the ring and Shamrock complied. Referees also hit the ring to break up any potential fight. Vince McMahon and the Corporate stooges (Sgt. Slaughter, Gerald Brisco, and Pat Patterson) came out and Austin ordered them to ring the bell. The show ended before Vince could respond.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Singles Match: Ken Shamrock defeated Vader (4:16)
- Shamrock made Vader submit to an anklelock.
- Singles Match: Val Venis defeated Marc Mero (w/ Jacqueline) (0:51)
- Mero was disqualified after Jacqueline attacked Venis.
- Non-Title Singles Match: Gangrel defeated Taka Michinoku (w/ Yamaguchi-san) (3:52)
- WWF European Championship match: Kane (w/ The Undertaker) drew D-Lo Brown (c) (w/ Mark Henry) (~4:07)
- Match was thrown out after both Henry and The Undertaker interfered.
- Match time is approximate due to no closing bell.
- Lumberjack Match: Jeff Jarrett (w/ Dennis Knight and Mark Canterbury) defeated X-Pac (w/ Billy Gunn and The Road Dogg) (5:37 shown)