|Saturday Night's Main Event XXI|
|Date||April 25, 1989|
|Venue||Veterans Memorial Auditorium|
|City||Des Moines, Iowa|
|Last Event||SNME XX|
|Next Event||SNME XXII|
May 27, 1989 (taped April 25, 1989) - Des Moines, Iowa - Veterans Memorial Auditorium
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- King Duggan defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Rude (w/Bobby Heenan) by count-out
- Rude was counted out when the running clothesline from Duggan knocked Rude to the floor and he could not break the count back inside. Rude retained the title.
- Haku briefly appeared ringside at around the 3:40 mark but was sent backstage by referees.
- Randy Savage (w/Sensational Sherri) defeated Jim Neidhart
- Savage pinned Neidhart with the flying elbowsmash after hitting a double axe handle from the top rope to the floor.
- Hulk Hogan defeated The Big Boss Man (w/Slick) in a Steel Cage match to retain the WWF Championship
- Hogan stole Boss Man's handcuffs from an interfering Slick and handcuffed Boss Man to the top rope before escaping the cage.
- Prior to the match, Slick introduced Zeus, who then came ringside and awaited Hogan's entrance; moments later, as Hogan approached the cage, he was beaten down by Zeus.
- After the match, Hogan rammed Boss Man into the cage on the floor and did the same to Slick inside the ring before Bossman pulled his manager to safety; Hogan then posed in the ring while wearing Slick's hat.
- The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard) (w/Bobby Heenan) defeated WWF Tag Team Championship Demolition (Ax & Smash) by disqualification
- Demolition was disqualified when a frustrated Ax entered the ring, a brawl ensued, and Ax shoved referee Joey Marella to the mat. Demolition retained the titles.
- After the match, both teams battled their way backstage.
- Jimmy Snuka defeated Boris Zuhkov (w/Slick)
- Snuka pinned Zuhkov with a backbreaker and the top rope splash.
|Saturday Night's Main Event|
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X|
|XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX|
|XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX|
|XXXI • XXXII • XXXIII • XXXIV • XXXV • XXXVI|