Saturday Night's Main Event XXIII was the 23rd episode of Saturday Night's Main Event. The show was taped at the Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, Ohio on September 21, 1989. It aired on October 14, 1989.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Randy Savage (w/Queen Sherri) defeated Jimmy Snuka
- Savage pinned Snuka with a roll up after hitting him in the kidney with Sherri's loaded purse while Sherri distracted the referee.
- After the match, Snuka avoided Savage's flying elbowsmash and attempted the splash off the top rope before Sherri covered Savage to protect him; moments later, Snuka cleared the ring of both Savage and Sherri.
- Hulk Hogan defeated Ted DiBiase (w/Zeus) to retain the WWF Championship
- Hogan pinned DiBiase with a small package after Dibiase accidentally hit Zeus.
- Earlier in the match, Jake Roberts came ringside to even the odds but chased an interfering Virgil backstage after Virgil stole the snake bag.
- After the match, Roberts made the save with his snake Damien, as Hogan was being double-teamed.
- Roddy Piper defeated Haku (w/Bobby Heenan)
- Piper pinned Haku with a belly to belly suplex.
- Tito Santana (w/The Red Rooster, Brutus Beefcake, & Dusty Rhodes) fought Rick Martel (w/Jimmy Hart, The Honky Tonk Man, Slick, & The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Boss Man) to a double disqualification
- The Bushwhackers (Luke Williams and Butch Miller) defeated The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques Rougeau & Raymond Rougeau) (w/Jimmy Hart)
- Butch pinned Jacques following a double gutbuster.
- Jimmy Hart was in the Rougeaus' corner for the match until he ran backstage after being depantsed by the Bushwhackers.
|Saturday Night's Main Event|
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII • XXXIII • XXXIV • XXXV • XXXVI|