Saturday Night's Main Event III was the third Saturday Night's Main Event special taped on October 31, 1985 and airing on NBC three days later. The show featured a live edition of Piper's Pit featuring Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer and Cousin Junior confronting Roddy Piper, Bob Orton and Jesse Ventura about comments they had made about Elmer's wife and the premiere of The Land of 1,000 Dances music video from The Wrestling Album. During the broadcast a Halloween party took place featuring two teams captained by Lou Albano and Bobby Heenan competing in various party games while wearing costumes. Albano (dressed as Julius Caesar) was joined by Tito Santana (as Zorro), Hulk Hogan (as Hercules), Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer, and Cousin Junior (as the Three Muskateers. Heenan (dressed as Davey Crockett) was joined by Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth (as Tarzan and Jane), The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (as Batman and Robin), and King Kong Bundy (as Abraham Lincoln).
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Terry Funk (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated The Junkyard Dog (5:16)
- Funk pinned JYD after hitting him from behind with Hart's megaphone.
- After the match, JYD removed Jimmy Hart's pants and branded him with Funk's branding iron.
Other on-screen talent