Ruleta de la Muerte 1999 was a professional wrestling Pay-Per-View event produced by Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) that took place on July 18, 1999 in Palacio del Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico. The show featured the Ruleta de la Muerte¨(Spanish for "Roulette of Death") tournament, in which tag teams face off in a single elimination tournament, but unlike traditional tournaments it is the winning team that advances in the tournament. The losing team in the final match must wrestle each other in a Lucha de Apuestas match, where either their mask or their hair is on the line. The Tournament featured 8 teams, all of them randomly paired the tournament through the elimination order of a battle royal involving all 16 participants. In addition to the battle royal, seven tournament matches and the Lucha de Apuesta match the show also featured two five vs. five elimination matches on the under card.
The event featured five professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Seeding battle royal for the Ruleta de la Muerte tournament
- El Satánico, Zumbido, Valentin Mayo, Virus, and Rencor Latino defeated Starman, Astro Rey, Jr., El Orientál, Tigre Blanco and Mr. Águila in a Five vs. Five Elimination match
- Apolo Dantés, Máscara Año 2000, Cien Caras and Scorpio, Jr. defeated Negro Casas, Super Astro, Emilio Charles, Jr., and Brazo de Plata| in a Four vs. four Elimination match
- Villaño III and El Hijo del Santo defeated Shocker and Rey Bucanero in a Ruleta de la Muerte quarter final match
- Mr. Niebla and Tinieblas, Jr. defeated La Parka and Fishman in a Ruleta de la Muerte quarter final match
- Fuerza Guerrera and Tinieblas defeated Atlantis and Violencia in a Ruleta de la Muerte quarter final match
- Máscara Sagrada and Último Guerrero defeated Olímpico and Blue Panther in a Ruleta de la Muerte quarter final match