Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Rey de Reyes (English: "King of Kings") 1999 was the third annual Rey de Reyes professional wrestling tournament and show show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The event took place on March 7, 1999 in the Toreo de Cuatro Caminos arena in Naucalpan, Mexico State, Mexico. The Rey de Reyes tournament consisted of a semi-final round of four four-man elimination matches and a final match with the winners of each of the semi-finals facing off in an elimination match until only one man remains. The final of the 1999 Rey de Reyes tournament pitted Cibernético, Octagón, Latin Lover and Electroshock against each other. Besides the five tournament matches the show featured an additional four matches including a match for the Mexican National Atómicos Championship between Los Vatos Locos and Los Vipers and a Lucha de Apuesta match between three men who all risked their hair, Perro Aguayo, Sangre Chicana and El Cobarde.
The event featured nine professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Alda Moreno, Esther Moreno and Rossy Moreno defeated La Migala, Miss Janeth and Xóchitl Hamada in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Los Vatos Locos (Charly Manson, May Flowers, Nygma and El Picudo) (c) defeated Los Vipers (Histeria, Maniaco, Mosco de la Merced and Psicosis II) in a Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match for the Mexican National Atómicos Championship
- Octagón defeated Espectro, Jr., El Alebrije and El Hijo del Solitario in a Rey de Reyes 1999 Semi-final elimination match.
- Cibernético defated Abismo Negro, Dos Caras and Máscara Sagrada in a Rey de Reyes 1999 Semi-final elimination match.
- Latin Lover defeated Grand Apache, the Panther and Oscar Sevilla in a Rey de Reyes 1999 Semi-final elimination match.
- Electroshock defeated El Canek, Blue Demon, Jr. and Pentagón in a Rey de Reyes 1999 Semi-final elimination match.
- Antonio Silva, Carlos Gutierrez, Kick Boxer and Thai Boxer defeted Heavy Metal, La Parka, Jr., Máscara Sagrada, Jr. and Perro Aguayo, Jr. in an Eight-man Steel Cage match
- Cibernético defeated Octagón, Latin Lover and Electroshock in a Rey de Reyes 1999 Final
- Perro Aguayo and Sangre Chicana defeated El Cobarde in a Lucha de Apuesta, three-way "Hair vs. Hair" Bull Terrier Match.