60th Anniversary Wrestling Extravaganza
The PNW 60th Anniversary Wrestling Extravaganza was the first of two professional wrestling supercards held by the NWA Pacific Northwest (Don Owen Sports). It took place on May 21, 1985 at the Portland Memorial Coliseum in Portland, Oregon.
Don Owen was the National Wrestling Alliance promoter for the Pacific Northwest territory, having in 1942 taken over the family business his father started in 1925. In honor of the Owen family's 60 years of promoting wrestling in the Northwest, they promoted the 60th Anniversary Wrestling Extravaganza.
This event took place just less than 2 months after the first WWF WrestleMania. While this card didn't draw the media attention that WrestleMania did, this event was notable in many ways. The card was unique in that it featured active stars from each of the three major promotions in the United States at that time, AWA, NWA and WWF. In addition to having AWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel, AWA World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors and NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair on the card, it featured two wrestlers from the WWF who had just recently competed (against other competitors) in the WWF's first WrestleMania; they were the WWF's most prominent heel, Rowdy Roddy Piper (who established himself in PNW and was one of the territory's most popular stars while he competed there) and Playboy Buddy Rose (who wrestled in WrestleMania as the masked Executioner).
- AWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel pinned NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Champion Mike Miller to retain the AWA World Title
- NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair wrestled Billy Jack Haynes to a time limit draw (39:00) retaining the NWA World Title
The PNW Superstar Extravaganza was the second of two professional wrestling supercards held by Pacific Northwest Wrestling. It took place on January 21, 1986 at the Portland Memorial Coliseum in Portland, Oregon.
- Scott Doring drew Ole Olson
- Nick Kiniski beat Timothy Flowers via DQ
- Billy Two Eagles drew Gary Royal
- Steve Pardee beat Rip Oliver via DQ
- Jerry Sampson beat Chris Colt via DQ