No Mercy was a pay-per-view produced by the World Wrestling Federation exclusively for the United Kingdom. It took place on May 16, 1999 at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England. It was released on DVD in the UK and Europe on 12th July 2010, in a set also including Capital Carnage as part of the WWE's Tagged Classics range released by Silvervision, without any edits to the original content, most notably keeping all mentions and appearances of the WWF logo intact and un-blurred.
The following match was between The Ministry of Darkness (Viscera, Faarooq and Bradshaw) and The Brood (Gangrel, Edge, and Christian). Bradshaw pinned Gangrel for the victory after a Clothesline From Hell.
The third match saw Steve Blackman defeat Droz by submission using a Triangle Choke. Following that match saw Kane competing against Mideon. Mideon was disqualified after several Corporate Ministry members interfered, resulting in Kane being declared the winner.
The next planned match match was between Sable and Tori. Nicole Bass substituted for her and the match ended quickly after Bass performed a Chokeslam on Tori. This would be Sable's last appearance in the WWF for nearly four years.
The sixth event of the night was a WWF European Championship match that saw Shane McMahon defend against X-Pac. McMahon pinned X-Pac after Triple H interfered and gave him a Pedigree, while the referee was down. At one point Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco stopped Shane McMahon from leaving the match early, leading to Chyna's interference, attacking the pair so they wouldn't interfere again.
Main event matches
The main event match was Anything Goes Triangle match for the WWF Championship. Defending champion Steve Austin defeated The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) and Triple H (with Chyna), pinning Triple H after a Stone Cold Stunner following interference from the Corporate Ministry, The Brood, Kane, X-Pac and Mankind.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Tiger Ali Singh defeated Gillberg (1:05)
- The Ministry of Darkness (Viscera, Faarooq and Bradshaw) defeated The Brood (Gangrel, Edge, and Christian) (13:49)
- Steve Blackman defeated Droz (7:53)
- Kane defeated Mideon by disqualification (4:36)
- Nicole Bass defeated Tori (0:27)
- Shane McMahon (c) defeated X-Pac to retain the WWF European Championship (8:21)
- Mr. Ass defeated Mankind (11:27)
- Steve Austin (c) defeated The Undertaker and Triple H (w/ Chyna) in an Anything Goes Triangle match to retain the WWF Championship (15:07)
Other on-screen talent
|1999 (UK) • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2016|
|1999 World Wrestling Federation pay-per-views|
|Royal Rumble • St. Valentine's Day Massacre • WrestleMania • Backlash • No Mercy (UK) • Over the Edge • King of the Ring • Fully Loaded • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • Rebellion • No Mercy • Survivor Series • Armageddon|