Night of Champions 2011 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by WWE that took place on September 18, 2011 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York. It was the 4th annual WWE Night of Champions event and the 11th in the WWE Vengeance overall timeline. Seven matches took place the event.
Night of Champions will feature professional wrestling matches involving different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that play out on WWE's television programs. Wrestlers will portray villains or heroes as they follow a series of events that build tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
The main rivalry from Raw involves the Undisputed WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio defending his title against former champion John Cena. Last month at Summerslam, Cena had lost to CM Punk, who also had a claim to the WWE Championship. After the match, Money in the Bank winner Alberto Del Rio cashed in his contract after Punk was assaulted by Kevin Nash and won the Undisputed WWE Championship. On the August 22nd episode of Raw, Punk and Cena both faced each other on Monday Night Raw to see who would face Alberto Del Rio which Cena had won after some interference from Kevin Nash thus allowing Cena to get his rematch for the title.
Another rivalry from Raw involves the former champion CM Punk and the Chief Operating Officer Triple H in a No Disqualification match. As stated above, after Punk won the Undisputed WWE Championship, he was attacked by Kevin Nash who, the next day, stated that Triple H had sent him a message saying to "stick it" to the winner regardless who won, which gave Alberto Del Rio ample time to cash in his Money in the Bank contract and become WWE Champion. A vindictive CM Punk would take his aggression out of Nash, Triple H, and his wife Stephanie McMahon through constant verbal insults, especially to Triple H whom Punk believes instigated Nash's attack. On the August 29th episode of Raw, Punk and Nash were scheduled to be in a match at Night of Champions, but at the end of the show, Triple H had the match changed to feature CM Punk against himself. The following week on Raw, after discovering that it was Nash that used Triple H's cell phone to make the text, fired him and changed the stipulation to be no disqualification. Punk in turn added his own stipulation that if Triple H lost to Punk, Triple H would have to step down as the COO of the WWE.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark Match: Daniel Bryan defeated Heath Slater
- Air Boom (Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne) (c) defeated Awesome Truth (The Miz & R-Truth) via Disqualification to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship (10:02)
- Cody Rhodes (c) defeated Ted DiBiase to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship (9:48)
- Dolph Ziggler (c) (w/ Vickie Guerrero) defeated Jack Swagger, Alex Riley and John Morrison to retain the WWE United States Championship (8:12)
- Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton (c) to win the World Heavyweight Championship (13:13)
- Kelly Kelly (c) (w/ Eve Torres) defeated Beth Phoenix (w/ Natalya) to retain the Divas Championship (6:24)
- John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio (c) to win the WWE Championship (17:26)
- Triple H defeated CM Punk in a No Disqualification Match (24:01)
Other on-screen talent
- Night of Champions 2011 Offical Website
- Night of Champions 2011 at CAGEMATCH.net
- Night of Champions 2011 at Online World of Wrestling
|2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2011|
|Night of Champions|
|2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015|
|2011 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|Royal Rumble • Elimination Chamber • WrestleMania • Extreme Rules • Over The Limit • Capitol Punishment • Money in the Bank • SummerSlam • Night of Champions • Hell in a Cell • Vengeance • Survivor Series • TLC:Tables, Ladders & Chairs|