The Master Lock Challenge was a challenge created by Chris Masters in 2005. The challenge became so successful that no one was able to break the hold until April 2007. However, then WWE Champion, John Cena was the first to win the challenge in late 2006. Bobby Lashley became the first and only man to ever officially break the hold.
List of Challenges
- April 18, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters begins a $1000 Challenge gimmick challenging (planted) fans to attempt to break the Masterlock.
- April 25, 2005 - RAW: British wrestler Andy Baker failed the $1000 Masterlock Challenge from Chris Masters..
- May 1, 2005 - Backlash: Chris Masters obliderated Melissa Coates in a $3000 Masterlock Challenge..
- May 2, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters obliterated Jimmy Jact Cash in a $4000 Masterlock Challenge..
- May 9, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters defeated a plant from the crowd in a $5000 Masterlock Challenge on HEAT..
- May 16, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters obliterated Daniel Cross in another Masterlock Challenge..
- May 30, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters defeated Val Venis in his toughest Masterlock Challenge to date..
- June 13, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters defeated Sgt. Slaughter in his toughest Masterlock Challenge to date..
- June 27, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters defeated Tajiri in a Masterlock Challenge but Tajiri sprew green mist in Masters' eyes!
- July 18, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters defeated Rosey in a Masterlock challenge
- September 5, 2005 - RAW: Chris Masters vs Shawn Michaels went to a No Contest in a Masterlock Challenge.
- Chris Masters vs John Cena in a Masterlock Challenge (No Contest) Edge whacked Cena with his belt