|Promotion||World Championship Wrestling|
|Date||March 26, 2001|
|Venue||Club La Vela|
|City||Panama City Beach, Florida|
|Previous episode||March 19, 2001|
The March 26, 2001 Edition of WCW Monday Nitro was held in the Club La Vela in Panama City Beach, Florida. It was the last ever WCW Nitro to be held. The show ended with a simulcast on Raw on TNN with Vince McMahon announcing that he had bought out the competition but with an appearance by Vince's son Shane McMahon on Nitro that night announcing he was the new story line owner..
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Vince McMahon featured in the opening the broadcast in a pretaped backstage segment from Cleveland, Ohio (the site of that night's WWF Monday Night Raw) in which he announced he bought WCW and would address the WCW fans and wrestlers later in the show during a simulcast on both the TNN and TNT networks
- Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman defeated Shannon Moore & Evan Karagias and Kaz Hayashi & Yang (3:38)
- Mysterio pinned Moore with a legdrop off the top as Moore hung backwards from the middle rope; due to pre-match stipulations, Mysterio & Kidman earned a WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Title shot for later in the show
- Shane Helms pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. with the Vertebreaker to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship
- O'Haire pinned Awesome with the Swanton Bomb after the Jungle Kick from Palumbo to retain the WCW World Tag Team Championships
- Shawn Stasiak pinned Bam Bam Bigelow with the neckbreaker when Stacy prevented Bigelow from hitting the Greetings from Asbury Park; pre-match stipulations stated if Bigelow won then he would tattoo Stasiak
- Kidman pinned Skipper with the Kid Crusher to win the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship; during the match, Tony Schiavone discussed "Steve" Regal badmouthing WCW earlier in the show and talked about how he had to "put his ass over" when Regal was in the company
- Sting defeated Ric Flair via submission with the Scorpion Deathlock at 7:17 following a superplex; after the bout, Sting helped Flair to his feet and shook his hand before the two hugged
- The live World Wrestling Federation simulcast began from Cleveland, Ohio - commentated by Jim Ross & Paul Heyman - in which Vince McMahon cut an in-ring promo about his purchase of WCW and said the sale from Time-Warner would become final at WrestleMania X-7 when Ted Turner delivers him the contract; McMahon then discussed his upcoming match with his son Shane and said he would do to Shane what he did to WCW; he then said he could put WCW on the shelf or run it as a "media conglomerate" like WWF and listed several WCW stars to see if the crowd thought he should bring them to the WWF - Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Sting, and Goldberg; Goldberg received the biggest applause with Bagwell, Booker, and Steiner close behind; moments later, Shane McMahon walked to the ring in Panama City and said the deal with WCW was finalized but it was Shane's name, not Vince's, on the contract and Shane was now the owner of WCW; Shane then said he would beat Vince at WrestleMania just like WCW used to beat the WWF; the show ended with a promo for the Monday Night Raw main event - WWF World Champion the Rock & Steve Austin vs. the Undertaker & Kane - and a Rock / Austin WrestleMania commercial.
Event Images Needed
To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, Please upload some images and put them in the article. Please remove this tag when this is done.