Lockdown 2009 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) promotion, which took place on April 19, 2009 at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was the fifth event under the Lockdown chronology. In the tradition of Lockdown events, every match took place inside a steel structure with six sides, known as Six Sides of Steel.
The main event was a Six Sides of Steel cage match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, in which Mick Foley defeated the reigning champion, Sting, to win the championship. Following another tradition of Lockdown events, TNA held the annual Lethal Lockdown match, which was contested inside a steel structure with a flat roof; in this match, Team Jarrett defeated Team Angle. Two featured bouts were scheduled on the undercard. In a Philadelphia Street Fight for the TNA World Tag Team and IWGP World Tag Team Championships, Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) defeated Beer Money, Inc. (Robert Roode and James Storm) to retain the IWGP World Tag Team and to win the TNA World Tag Team Championship. The other bout was a Doomsday Chamber of Blood match, which saw Matt Morgan defeat Abyss.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Suicide (c) defeated Abdul Bashir, Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal & Kiyoshi to retain the TNA X-Division Championship in an Elimination Xscape match (11:37).
- Creed & Lethal eliminated Kiyoshi (3:13).
- Bashir eliminated Creed (5:12).
- Bashir eliminated Lethal (7:50).
- ODB (w/ Cody Deaner) defeated Daffney, Madison Rayne & Sojournor Bolt in a Queen of the Cage match (6:05).
- The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) (c) defeated No Limit (Naito & Yujiro) and The Latin American Exchange (Hernandez & Homicide) to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships in a Six Sides of Steel Cage Three Way match (11:49).
- Matt Morgan defeated Abyss in a Doomsday Chamber of Blood match (12:26).
- Angelina Love (w/ Velvet Sky) defeated Awesome Kong (w/ Raisha Saeed) (c) and Taylor Wilde to retain the TNA Women's Knockout Championship in a three way Six Sides of Steel Cage match (6:53).
- Team 3D (Brother Devon & Brother Ray) (c) defeated Beer Money Inc. (James Storm & Robert Roode) (c) to become the new TNA World Tag Team Champions while defending the IWGP Tag Team Championships in a Street Fight Six Sides of Steel Cage match (14:59).
- Team Jarrett (AJ Styles, Daniels, Jeff Jarrett & Samoa Joe) defeated Team Angle (Booker T, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle & Scott Steiner) (w/ Sharmell) in a Lethal Lockdown match (23:01).
- Mick Foley defeated Sting (c) to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion in a Six Sides of Steel match (15:55).
Other on-screen talent
- Ring announcer
- Earl Hebner
- Mark "Slick" Johnson
|2009 Total Nonstop Action Wrestling pay-per-views|
| Genesis • Against All Odds • Destination X • Lockdown • Sacrifice • Slammiversary|
Victory Road • Hard Justice • No Surrender • Bound for Glory • Turning Point • Final Resolution
|2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014|