Judgment Day 2007 was the ninth annual Judgment Day professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). It took place on May 20, 2007 from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri. This was the first Judgment Day event since 2003 to be an inter-brand pay-per-view, as it featured talent from the Raw, SmackDown!, and ECW brands.
The main match on the Raw brand was John Cena versus The Great Khali for the WWE Championship, which Cena won after forcing Khali to submit to the STFU. The featured match on the SmackDown! brand was Edge versus Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship, which Edge won via pinfall with a school boy pin. The primary match on the ECW brand was a Handicap match for the ECW World Championship between Team McMahon (champion Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga) and Bobby Lashley. Lashley won the match by pinning Shane McMahon; however, he did not win the title since he did not pin the champion, Vince McMahon.
The main feud heading into Judgment Day on the Raw brand was between John Cena and The Great Khali, with the two battling over the WWE Championship. The rivalry started on the April 30, 2007 edition of Raw during a non-title match between John Cena and Shawn Michaels when Michaels was attacked from behind by The Great Khali. Edge and Randy Orton were also knocked out by Khali. The Great Khali then performed a Khali Bomb on Cena. The next week on Raw, Khali defeated Shawn Michaels in a number one contenders match by knockout after executing the Khali Bomb on Michaels through the announce table. Later that night, Khali stole Cena's WWE title belt. On the May 14 edition of Raw, when Cena attempted to take his belt back, Khali attacked him.
The predominant feud on the SmackDown! brand was between Edge and Batista, with the two feuding over the World Heavyweight Championship. The feud started on the May 11 edition of SmackDown! when Batista challenged The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship in a steel cage match. Both men escaped the steel cage at the same time, thus ending in a draw. After the match, Mark Henry made his return and attacked The Undertaker. Edge then defeated The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship after cashing in his Money in the Bank contract, which is used to receive a title match of the owner's time and place of choosing. On the May 18 edition of SmackDown!, Batista confronted Edge and challenged him to a match for the World Heavyweight Championship at Judgment Day.
The primary feud on the ECW brand was between Team McMahon (Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga) and Bobby Lashley, with Vince and Lashley feuding over the ECW World Championship. Lashley had represented Donald Trump in the "Battle of the Billionaires" and defeated McMahon's representative Umaga, thus becoming a rival of the McMahons. The McMahons and Umaga defeated Lashley in a three-on-one handicap match to allow Vince to win the ECW World Championship. Lashley demanded a rematch for the ECW World Championship, and Vince booked himself, Umaga and Shane in another three-on-one handicap rematch against Lashley for the ECW title.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark Match: Kane defeated William Regal (9:30)
- Ric Flair defeated Carlito (15:35)
- Bobby Lashley defeated Umaga, Shane McMahon, & Vince McMahon (c) in a "handicap" match to win the ECW World Heavyweight Championship (1:14)
- CM Punk defeated Elijah Burke (16:51)
- Randy Orton defeated Shawn Michaels by referee stoppage (4:31)
- The Hardy Boys (Matt & Jeff) (c) defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch to retain the World Tag Championship (15:03)
- Edge (c) defeated Batista to retain the World Heavyweight Championship (10:38)
- MVP defeated Chris Benoit (c) (14:10) in two falls to win the WWE United States Championship
- MVP pinned Benoit (8:14)
- MVP pinned Benoit (14:10)
Other on-screen talent
- Judgment Day 2007 Official Website
- Judgment Day 2007 at CAGEMATCH.net
- Judgment Day 2007 at Online World of Wrestling
- Judgment Day 2007 on WWE Network
|2007 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|New Years Revolution • Royal Rumble • No Way Out • WrestleMania • Backlash • Judgment Day • One Night Stand • Vengeance: Night of Champions • The Great American Bash • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • No Mercy • Cyber Sunday • Survivor Series • Armageddon|
|1998 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009|