|Judgment Day 2000|
|Date||May 21, 2000|
|Next Event||King of the Ring|
Judgment Day 2000 was the second annual Judgment Day professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). It took place on May 21, 2000 at the Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky.
The main event was a Iron Man match for the WWF Championship and featured Triple H facing The Rock with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee. Triple H defeated The Rock to win the championship 6 falls to 5, after a disqualification in the final seconds by Shawn Michaels as a result of interference by the returning Undertaker. Featured matches on the undercard included a double tables match featuring D-Generation X (Road Dogg and X-Pac) defeating The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von). The other featured match on the undercard was a Submission match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship between Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho, which Benoit won to retain the championship.
The main event of the evening was a 60 minute Iron man match between former World Wrestling Federation Champion Triple H and the current title holder at the time, The Rock.
At WrestleMania, Vince McMahon turned on The Rock and helped Triple H retain his title. In the weeks leading up to Backlash The Rock and Triple H's hostility had reached its climax it seemed. At Backlash, with the help of Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock defeated Triple H. The next night on Raw Triple H stated that he wanted to take The Rock on in a 60 minute Iron man match for the World Wrestling Federation title, Shawn Michaels also got involved, requesting that he will be special guest referee.
- Rikishi Phatu & Too Cool beat Edge, Christian, & Kurt Angle (9:46)
- European Champion Eddie Guerrero beat Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko (7:57) in a "triangle" match
- Shane McMahon pinned The Big Show (7:12) in a "falls count anywhere" match
- Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit (c) beat Chris Jericho (13:27) in a "submission" match
- Road Dogg & X-Pac beat The Dudleys (10:55) in a "double tables" match
- Triple H beat The Rock (c) (60:08) in an "Ironman" match to win the WWF World Title
- Rock pinned Helmsley (10:42)
- Helmsley pinned Rock (25:27)
- Helmsley pinned Rock (26:28)
- Helmsley pinned Rock (32:24)
- Rock pinned Helmsley (40:35)
- Helmsley was DQed (43:44)
- Helmsley pinned Rock (44:07)
- Helmsley beat Rock (47:77) via sleeperhold
- Helmsley was count out (56:06)
- Rock pinned Helmsley (58:02)
- Rock was DQed (60:08)
Other on-screen talent
- Judgment Day 2000 Official Website
- Judgment Day 2000 at CAGEMATCH.net
- Judgment Day 2000 at Online World of Wrestling
|1998 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009|
|2000 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|Royal Rumble • No Way Out • WrestleMania • Backlash • Insurrextion • Judgment Day • King of the Ring • Fully Loaded • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • No Mercy • Survivor Series • Rebellion • Armageddon|