The January 31, 1999 Edition of Heat is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE, which took place at the America West Arena in Phoenix, Arizona. The broadcast portion was taped on January 25th, 1999.
This episode of WWE Heat featured the first ever Empty Arena match which was shown to coincide with the Halftime Show of Super Bowl XXXIII.
The Corporation (Kane, Ken Shamrock, Big Bossman, Test) and led by Shane McMahon entered the ring with microphones. They announce Chyna as the newest member of the group. Chyna (w/ Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco) joins them in the ring. Chyna claims she carried D-Generation X for 2 years and wants to get ahead and speak for herself.
D-Generation-X is in the entranceway. Triple H has the microphone. He give credit to Shane for getting over on them, then calls Chyna a two-dollar whore. Shane books a match for Raw between Triple H and Kane in a Steel Cage match.
Mankind arrives at the Empty Arena in a Hyundai.
Big Bossman defeated Jeff Jarrett in a singles match. Bossman then hits Jarrett with the nightstick post-match.
A Corporation limo brings The Rock & Vince McMahon to the Empty Arena.
Clips are shown to kill time until Halftime Heat can start.
In the first ever Empty Arena match, Mankind defeated the Rock to win the WWF Title.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Singles Match: Big Bossman defeated Jeff Jarrett (3:25)
- Bossman pinned Jarrett after a Bossman Slam
- Non-Title Singles Match: Ken Shamrock defeated Owen Hart (4:43 shown)
- WWF Championship Empty Arena Match: Mankind defeated The Rock (c) (17:22)
- Mankind pinned the Rock after crushing him with a pallet of beer kegs.