|Sunday Night Heat|
|Promotion||World Wrestling Entertainment|
|Date||January 3rd, 1999|
|Venue||DCU Center (Worcester Centrum)|
|Previous episode||December 27, 1998|
|Next episode||January 10, 1999|
The January 3rd, 1999 Edition of Heat is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE, which took place at the DCU Center (Worcester Centrum) in Worcester, Massachusetts. It was taped on December 29, 1998.
RecapThe New Age Outlaws started the show by bringing some microphones to the ring. Billy Gunn announced that he will hound Ken Shamrock until he grants him another shot at the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Jesse James challenged The Rock because of the Rock's interference in his last hardcore match against Mankind.
Michael Cole is set to interview Ken Shamrock backstage, but Billy Gunn runs in and tackles him. Officials ran in to break it up.
George Steele challenged Mosh to a match for a shot at Mosh's fake Tag Team Champions of the Universe title. Mosh accepted, but lost after Steele hit him in the throat with a foreign object.
Triple H defeats Mark Henry in a near squash match. Much was being made of Chyna's absence given Chyna's recent relevation that she is romantically entangled with Henry. Triple H wins after Henry was distracted by Chyna's appearance at the entrance ramp.
Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett defeated the World Tag Team Champions Big Bossman and Ken Shamrock in a non-title match. Debra jumped on the apron and allowed Bossman to grab her ass for a distraction. Afterwards, Jarrett & Hart demand a title shot in the future.
Mankind joins the commentary team. Shane McMahon leaves in fear. Before Road Dogg began his match, he invited Mankind into the ring and apologized for not being able to give a rematch for the WWF Hardcore Championship. Road Dogg does his usual intro with Mankind taking Billy Gunn's role.
The Road Dogg defeated Test by disqualification after the Rock ran in and attacked him while he was going for a pinfall. Mankind left his commentary position and made the save.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Singles Match: George Steele (w/ Giant Silva, Golga, & Kurrgan) defeated Mosh (1:20)
- Steele pinned Mosh after hitting him with a foreign object in the throat.
- Singles Match: Triple H (w/ X-Pac) defeated Mark Henry (1:55)
- Triple H pinned Henry after the Pedigree.
- Singles Match: Val Venis defeated Christian (2:22)
- Venis pinned Christian after the Money Shot.
- Non-Title Tag Team Match: Jeff Jarrett & Owen Hart (w/ Debra) defeated The Corporation (Big Bossman & Ken Shamrock) (c) (2:40)
- Jarrett pinned Bossman with a schoolboy roll-up.
- Bossman & Shamrock were World Tag Team Champions at the time.
- Non-Title Singles Match: Jesse James (c) defeated Test (2:50)