|Promotion||World Championship Wrestling|
|Date||January 22, 1996|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Previous episode||January 15, 1996|
|Next episode||January 29, 1996|
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Randy Savage pinned WCW World Champion Ric Flair (w/ Jimmy Hart) to win the title at 8:35 with the flying elbowsmash after Arn Anderson appeared and accidentally hit the champion with a pair of brass knuckles, with Hulk Hogan then appearing, pulling Anderson off the apron, and fighting with him as Savage scored the pin.
- Prior to the bout, Gene Okerlund conducted an interview with Savage in the aisle in which Hogan interrupted and said if Savage won the title then he wanted the first shot
- During the ring entrances, it was announced Elizabeth and Kevin Greene would be in Hogan & Savage's corner the following night at the Clash of the Champions
- During the match, it was announced the Road Warriors would return to WCW by also appearing at the Clash
- Prior to the contest, Savage was escorted to the ring by several women, including Woman, Linda Bollea, Debra McMichael, and others
- Early in the bout, Flair attempted to dance with Woman at ringside until she slapped him across the face
- Of the women in Savage's corner, only Woman was referred to by name
- After the contest, Okerlund conducted an in-ring interview with Savage and Hogan in which Hogan again challenged Savage to a title shot
- Savage said that would have to be decided by WCW President Nick Bockwinkel but then said he wanted the match at Caesar's Palace
- Hogan was booed during the segment
- Woman's surprise return after a 5-year absence
- Brian Pillman pinned Dean Malenko at 6:20 after Malenko's leg became entangled in the ring ropes
- Sting & Lex Luger defeated WCW Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat to win the titles at 9:33 when Luger pinned Booker T after Jimmy Hart appeared during the final moments and gave Luger a roll of silver dollars, who then hit Booker with it behind the back of referee Nick Patrick
- Hulk Hogan pinned WCW US Champion the One Man Gang in a non-title match with the legdrop at 3:03.
- After the bout, Hogan and WCW World Champion Randy Savage fought off Chris Benoit, The Zodiac, Arn Anderson, and The Gang as the remainder of the Horsemen and Dungeon of Doom surrounded the ring and held back the Giant.
- Moments later, Okerlund conducted an in-ring interview with Hogan and Savage regarding a possible title match between the two and having Kevin Greene and Elizabeth in their corner the following night
- Featured a segment where Mexican Heavyweight Champion Konnan interrupted the opening comments at the commentary table to cut a promo on his title defense the following night at the Clash of the Champions against Psychosis
- Konnan's surprise return after a 5-year absence
- Included the announcement that Sting & Lex Luger would be in tag team action, WCW TV Champion Johnny B. Badd would face Meng, Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Scotty Riggs would face Harlem Heat, and WCW World Champion Ric Flair would face Alex Wright on WCW Saturday Night
Event Images Needed
To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, Please upload some images and put them in the article. Please remove this tag when this is done.