Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Homenaje a Dos Leyendas 2005 (Spanish for "Homage to Two Legends") is an annual professional wrestling major event produced by Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) that took place on March 18, 2005 Arena México, Mexico City, Mexico. The event honored Lucha Libre Legends CMLL founder Salvador Lutteroth (who is always honored at the Dos Leyendas event) and Perro Aguayo, who came out of retirement for the night to wrestle in the main event. The main event of the first ever Homnaje a Dos Leyendas event was a tag team match between the father son team of Perro Aguayo and Perro Aguayo, Jr. and the brother team of Cien Caras and Máscara Año 2000 contested under Lucha de Apuesta, hair vs. hair rules. The storyline leading into the main event played off a long running feud between Aguayo and Caras/Máscara 2000 that began in the 1980s. Caras was given the credit for retiring Perro Aguayo some time previous and had targeted Aguayo's son. After a two on one attack Perro, Sr. came to the rescue of his son, challenging Cien Casa and Máscara Año 2000 for "one last mask". The Aguayos won the tag team match and forced Caras and Año 2000 to have their heads shaved bald after the match. The show featured four additional matches all Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team matches.
The event featured five professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Pandilla Guerrera (Doctor X, Nitro and Sangre Azteca) defeated El Felino, Safari and Volador, Jr. in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Black Warrior, Brazo de Plata and LA Park defeated Apolo Dantés, El Satánico and Universo 2000 in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Averno, Mephisto and Rey Bucanero defeated Atlantis, Blue Panther and Negro Casas in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Héctor Garza, Tarzan Boy and Último Guerrero defeated Dr. Wagner, Jr., Místico and Shocker in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Perro Aguayo and Perro Aguayo, Jr. defeated Los Hermanos Dinamita (Cien Caras and Máscara Año 2000) in a Tag team Lucha de Apuesta, hair vs. hair match. As a result, Cien Caras and Máscara Año 2000 were shaved bald after the match.