|Hard Justice 2008|
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||August 10, 2008|
|Venue||Sovereign Bank Arena|
|City||Trenton, New Jersey|
|Last Event||Victory Road|
|Next Event||No Surrender|
Hard Justice 2008 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on August 10, 2008 at the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, New Jersey. It was the fourth annual event under the Hard Justice chronology. Seven professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card.
The main event saw Samoa Joe defeat Booker T, who was accompanied by Sharmell, in a steel structure with six sides that was filled with weapons—a match titled a Six Sides of Steel Weapons match—to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. A.J. Styles defeated Kurt Angle in the second main match on the card in which the wrestler who was unable to respond to a ten count by the referee would lose. Two tag team matches were featured bouts scheduled on the undercard. In the first, Christian Cage and Rhino defeated Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) in a New Jersey Street Fight in which no one could be disqualified. The second was for the TNA World Tag Team Championship, in which Beer Money, Inc. (Robert Roode and James Storm) defeated the champions, The Latin American Xchange (Homicide and Hernandez), to win the championship.
The event marked the beginning of a return angle for Jeff Jarrett, who had not been active in the company since May 2007, when Samoa Joe used the signature weapon of Jarrett's (an acoustic guitar) in his match with Booker T. When the event was released on DVD, it reached a peak position of number five on Billboard's DVD Sales Chart. Wrestling Observer.com and 411Mania.com writer Larry Csonka rated the entire event a 7.6 out of 10 stars, higher than the 2007 event's rating of 4.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Petey Williams (c) (w/ Rhaka Khan) defeated Consequences Creed to retain the TNA X-Division Championship (12:30)
- Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim, & ODB defeated Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, & Awesome Kong (11:27)
- Beer Money Inc. (Robert Roode & James Storm) defeated The Latin American Exchange (Homicide & Hernandez) (c) to win the TNA World Tag Team Championship (14:15)
- Jay Lethal defeated Sonjay Dutt in a black tie brawl and chain match (11:14)
- Christian Cage & Rhino defeated Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) in a New Jersey street fight match (15:22)
- AJ Styles defeated Kurt Angle in a Last man standing match (24:50)
- Samoa Joe (c) defeated Booker T in a steel cage weapons match to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship (12:44)
Other on-screen talentEdit
|2008 Total Nonstop Action Wrestling pay-per-views|
| Final Resolution (Jan) • Against All Odds • Destination X • Lockdown • Sacrifice • Slammiversary|
Victory Road • Hard Justice • No Surrender • Bound for Glory • Turning Point • Final Resolution (Dec)
|2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|