Halloween or Hallowe'en also known as All Hallows' Eve, is a yearly celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It initiates the triduum of Hallowmas, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed believers.
Halloween is one of the most observed holidays throughout the history of professional wrestling. Many different events have specialty-themed shows or photo shoots around the holiday.
WWE Halloween Costume Contests
- October 28, 2004 Smackdown results - Participants included: Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson. No winner was declared.
- October 31, 2005 Monday Night RAW results - Participants included: Ashley Massaro, Maria, Candice Michelle, Victoria, Mickie James and Trish Stratus. Nobody was declared a winner.
- October 31, 2006 ECW results - Participants included: Kelly Kelly, Trinity, and Ariel. Trinity was declared the winner.
- Cyber Sunday 2008 - Participants included: Candice Michelle, Michelle McCool, Maria, Katie Lea, Tiffany, Victoria, Lena Yada, Mickie James, Maryse, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Eve Torres, Layla and Kelly Kelly. Mickie James was voted the winner.
- October 30, 2009 Smackdown - Participants included: Layla, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, and Natalya. Michelle McCool was declared the winner.
Wrestling-themed costumes are sold at many different outlets. The following is a gallery of available Halloween costumes:
- In 2013, the WWE encouraged their fans to dress up as their favorite wrestler and to show their costumes by using the hashtag #WWEHalloween on Twitter and Instagram.