Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Frank Sexton (1914 – February 1990) was an American professional wrestler in the early to mid-twentieth century. Along with Orville Brown, Bill Longson, and Lou Thesz, he was one of the biggest stars of the 1940s. A multiple-time world champion, his most significant run was as the Boston American Wrestling Association (AWA) World Heavyweight Champion from June 1945 until March 15, 1949, when he lost to the first NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Orville Brown, in a title unification match. Sexton died in 1990.
- Finishing and signature moves
- Giant Swing
- Teams and stables
- Entrance Music
- "The Sedalis Cyclone"
Championships and accomplishments
- American Wrestling Association (Boston)
- AWA World Heavyweight Championship (Boston version) (2 times)
- NWA British Empire Heavyweight Championship (Toronto version) (1 time)
- NWA Pacific Coast Heavyweight Championship (San Francisco version) (4 times)
- Maryland State Athletic Commission
- World Heavyweight Championship (Maryland version) (1 time) - unifies with Boston AWA World Heavyweight Championship
- Montreal Athletic Commission
- World Heavyweight Championship (Montreal version) (1 time)
- Midwest Wrestling Association
- MWA Ohio Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Other titles
- World Heavyweight Championship (Europe version) (1 time)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2000)