Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, this Stadium article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The Capital Centre was an indoor arena located in Landover, Maryland; a suburb of Washington, D.C. Completed in 1973, the arena sat 18,756 for basketball and 18,130 for hockey.
In 1993, the air carrier USAir purchased the naming rights for the building and the arena became known as USAir Arena. After the airline rebranded itself in 1996, the name changed to US Airways Arena. The arena reverted to its original name of Capital Centre after the airline dropped its naming rights and its primary tenants moved to the MCI Center (now named the Verizon Center) in downtown Washington. Most TV and Radio crews broadcasting from the venue referred to it by its nickname "Cap Centre". The venue's name is also sometimes misspelled as Capital Center, Capitol Center, Capitol Center Arena or Capital Center Arena. The venue was demolished in 2002.
- WWF House Show - January 18, 1985.
- WWF House Show - February 9, 1985.
- Prime Time Wrestling - August 6, 1985.
- Prime Time Wrestling - September 24, 1985.
- Prime Time Wrestling - October 8, 1985.
- Prime Time Wrestling - February 3, 1986.
- Saturday Night's Main Event XIV - December 7, 1987.
- Capital Centre on Wikipedia