The August 30, 1998 Edition of Heat is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE, which took place at the Madison Square Garden in New York, New York, USA. It broadcast live as the lead-in show for SummerSlam
RecapThis pre-SummerSlam episode of Heat began with Shawn Michaels joining Jim Ross and Shane McMahon on commentary.
Animal and Darren Drozdov were set to take on Too Much, but a visibly inebriated Hawk insisted on replacing Drozdov. Animal wrestled the entirety of the match, but when he signalled Hawk to go to the top rope for the Doomsday Device, Hawk bungled and hit Animal instead. Too Much got the upset win. During the match Edge is shown watching from the audience.
Jeff Jarrett & Southern Justice came to the ring for an interview but instead held down Howard Finkel and shaved his head to promote Jarrett's upcoming hair match with X-Pac. Jarrett tells X-Pac not to piss him off.
Bradshaw and Vader teamed up to take on the Disciples of Apocalypse, but it was clear fro the very start that they weren't on the same page. After a staredown to see who gets to start the match, things quickly devolved and they ended up brawling. Skull takes advantage of the dischord by rolling up Vader for the win. Bradshaw and Vader brawl after the match.
Vince McMahon (with crew) confronted Steve Austin backstage. They were unable to talk him out of anyhing.
Dok Hendrix got in the ring and riled up the crowd. He then queued a promotional video for SummerSlam.
More promotional recap videos for SummerSlam feuds are shown.
The Rock and the Nation entered the ring to deliver a promo, but D-Generation X jump them. The Rock managed to injure Triple H's knee.
A hearse arrived and Austin attacked it with a sledgehammer and a forklift.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Tag Team Match: Too Much (Brian Christopher & Scott Taylor) defeated The Legion of Doom (Animal & Hawk) (2:14)
- Taylor defeated Animal after Hawk accidentally hit his partner.
- Singles Match: Gangrel defeated Dustin Runnels (2:32)
- Gangrel defeated Runnels after the Implant DDT.
- Tag Team Match: Disciples of Apocalypse (8-Ball & Skull) (w/ Paul Ellering) defeated Bradshaw & Vader (2:56)
- Skull defeated Vader with a roll-up