Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The August 29, 2002 Edition of Smackdown is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's Smackdown brand, which took place on August 27, 2002 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Eddie Guerrero pinned Edge with the frog splash after blocking the spear with a steel chair; due to prematch stipulations, Guerrero advanced to the next round in a one-night competition to determine the #1 contender to the world title
- D-Von Dudley pinned John Cena.
- After the match, Batista attacked D-Von.
- Rey Mysterio Jr. pinned Rico with the 619 and the Frankensteiner into a roll up
- Rikishi pinned Eddie Guerrero with a kick to the face; due to prematch stipulations, Rikishi advanced in the #1 contender competition; after the match, Chris Benoit attacked Rikishi and locked him in the Crippler Crossface until Edge made the save
- Shannon Moore (w/ The Hurricane) pinned Tajiri (w/ Jamie Noble & Nidia)
- Chris Benoit defeated Rikishi via submission with the Crippler Crossface; due to prematch stipulations, Benoit advanced in the #1 contender competition
- WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) pinned Matt Hardy in a non-title match by blocking the Twist of Fate and hitting the F5
- The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle by pinning Benoit with the powerbomb.
- Due to prematch stipulations, the Undertaker became the #1 contender to the world title
- Taker's surprise debut on Smackdown!