Armageddon 2006 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which took place on December 17, 2006 at the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia. The event starred wrestlers from the SmackDown! brand.
The main event was a tag team match, in which the team of Batista and John Cena defeated the team of King Booker and Finlay. Two featured bouts were scheduled on the undercard, including The Undertaker versus Mr. Kennedy, in a match where the objective was to place an opponent in a hearse located on the entrance stage and drive them out of the arena, which Undertaker won. The other match was an Inferno match featuring wrestlers attempting to set the opponent on fire with flames surrounding the ring. Kane defeated Montel Vontavious Porter.
The event grossed over $423,500 in ticket sales from an attendance of 8,200. Canadian Online Explorer's professional wrestling section rated the WWE Tag Team Championship match a nine out of ten stars, the highest match rating. The event was released on DVD on January 16, 2007 by Sony Music Entertainment. The DVD reached second on Billboard's DVD Sales Chart for recreational sports during the week of February 18, 2007, and it dropped to the tenth spot the following week.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark Match: Oleg Prudius defeated Scotty 2 Hotty
- Kane defeated Montel Vontavious Porter in an Inferno match (8:21)
- Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c) defeated William Regal & Dave Taylor, MNM (Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro), & The Hardys (Matt and Jeff) in a Fatal Four Way Ladder match to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship (20:13)
- The Boogeyman defeated The Miz (2:51)
- Chris Benoit (c) defeated Chavo Guerrero (w/ Vickie Guerrero) to retain the WWE United States Championship (12:14)
- Gregory Helms (c) defeated Jimmy Wang Yang to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship (10:51)
- The Undertaker defeated Mr. Kennedy in a Last Ride match (19:08)
- Batista and John Cena defeated King Booker's Court (Finlay and King Booker) (w Queen Sharmell) (11:29)
Other on-screen talent
- Armageddon 2006 Official Website
- Armageddon 2006 at CAGEMATCH.net
- Armageddon 2006 at Online World of Wrestling
- Armageddon 2006 on WWE Network
|1999 • 2000 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008|
|2006 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|New Years Revolution • Royal Rumble • No Way Out • WrestleMania • Backlash • Judgment Day • One Night Stand • Vengeance • The Great American Bash • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • No Mercy • Cyber Sunday • Survivor Series • December To Dismember • Armageddon|
|2007 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|New Years Revolution • Royal Rumble • No Way Out • WrestleMania • Backlash • Judgment Day • One Night Stand • Vengeance: Night of Champions • The Great American Bash • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • No Mercy • Cyber Sunday • Survivor Series • Armageddon|