To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, this Stadium article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
|Location:||1 AT&T Center Parkway, San Antonio, Texas 78219|
|Opened:||October 18, 2002|
|Construction Cost:||$186 million|
AT&T Center (originally SBC Center) is an indoor arena, located in San Antonio, Texas, USA. It seats 18,581, for basketball, 13,800, for ice hockey and 19,000, for concerts or religious gatherings and contains 2,018 club seats, 50 luxury suites and 32 bathrooms (16 Male and 16 Female).
It was completed in 2002, as the SBC Center, at a cost of $175 million, financed by county-issued bonds, which were supported by a hotel-occupancy and car rental tax increase and an additional contribution of $28.5 million from the Spurs. SBC Communications, Inc. purchased the naming rights to the facility under a 20-year, $41 million naming rights agreement with Bexar County, the San Antonio Spurs and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo in July 2000. SBC Communications changed its name to AT&T in November 2005 after its purchase of AT&T Corporation. The arena officially changed its name to AT&T Center in January 2006.
It is home to the San Antonio Spurs, of the NBA, the San Antonio Rampage, of the AHL, in the winter-spring season and the San Antonio Silver Stars, of the WNBA, in the summer.
The PRCA, who holds the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo every February, also hosts an Xtreme Bulls tour event annually (at around the same time as the Stock Show). On the weekend of August 1–2, 2009, the PBR also hosted a Built Ford Tough Series event at this arena, after having held a BFTS event at the Alamodome in 2007 and 2008.
In addition to many local community and sporting events, the San Antonio Sports Car Association holds autocross competitions in the parking lot each month.
- The Undertaker won his first WWE Royal Rumble match of his historic career, last eliminating San Antonio's own Shawn Michaels, which was held at the AT&T Center on January 28, 2007.
- The 2008 WWE Draft was held on June 23, 2008 at the AT&T Center, which featured many big draft moves, including RAW mainstay Triple H being drafted to SmackDown and Smackdown mainstay Rey Mysterio being drafted to RAW.
- On December 13, 2009, WWE held their 1st ever TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs Pay-Per-View from the AT&T Center. In the main event, hometown favorite, Shawn Michaels, teamed with Triple H as Degeneration-X to defeat Chris Jericho and the Big Show for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship.
- On December 21, 2010, WWE held their first ever live SmackDown on the USA Network that was apart on WWE week on USA.
- On May 16, 2011, WWE held Monday Night Raw live in San Antonio.
- On October 23, 2011, WWE will return Vengeance after a 4 year hiatus of the event.
|January 28, 2007||Royal Rumble 2007||13,500|
|December 13, 2009||TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2009||15,226|
|October 23, 2011||Vengeance 2011||8,000|
|June 19, 2003||SmackDown||-|
|December 29, 2003||RAW||-|
|April 8, 2004||SmackDown||-|
|August 2, 2004||RAW||-|
|October 14, 2005||SmackDown||-|
|July 17, 2006||RAW||-|
|June 26, 2007||ECW||-|
|June 29, 2007||SmackDown||-|
|June 23, 2008||RAW||-|
|March 16, 2009||RAW||-|
|March 17, 2009||ECW||-|
|July 26, 2010||RAW||-|
|August 2, 2010||RAW||-|
|December 21, 2010||NXT||-|
|December 21, 2010||SuperSmackDown||-|
|May 16, 2011||RAW||-|
|August 6, 2012||RAW||-|
|January 18, 2013||SmackDown||-|