9½ Psychedelic Meditations on British Wrestling of the 1970s and early '80s is a concept album by British alternative rock artist Luke Haines. The album as been initially released as a digital version on iTunes. It has later been adapted to CD and vinyl format.
As its title explicitly says, the songs are have psychedelic arrangements and are talking about old wrestlers.
In the course of the album, Haines uses true wrestler names and uses them to make his fictional story. Haines's namedropping contains: Mark Rocco, Gorgeous George, Mick McManus, Shirley Crabtree, Pat Roach, Kendo Nagasaki, George Cannon and many more.
- "Inside The Restless Mind Of Rollerball Rocco" – 4:15
- "What The Plumber Saw" – 0:55
- "Gorgeous George" – 3:39
- "Rock Opera - In The Key Of Existential Misery" – 3:53
- "Linda's Head" – 2:38
- "Saturday Afternoon" – 2:35
- "Big Daddy Got A Casio VL Tone" – 2:30
- "I Am Catweazle" – 3:19
- "We Are Unusual Men" – 3:43
- "Haystacks' In Heaven" – 2:46
iTunes bonus track
- Me And The Birds" – 2:50
- Luke Haines – Producer
- George Shilling – Mastering
- Sian Superman – Kendo Nagasaki Doll photography
- Luke Haines – Wrestlers Calendar painting
- Louise Mason - Sleeve, Layout
|9½ Psychedelic Meditations on British Wrestling of the 1970s and early '80s|
|Inside The Restless Mind Of Rollerball Rocco • What The Plumber Saw • Gorgeous George • Rock Opera - In The Key Of Existential Misery • Linda's Head Saturday Afternoon • Big Daddy Got A Casio VL Tone • I Am Catweazle • We Are Unusual Men • Haystacks' In Heaven • Me And The Birds|