This is a list of various things that took place in 1956.
- 5 - Heavyweight Wrestling, a program from Washington, D.C.'s Capitol Arena promoted by Vince McMahon Sr., makes its debut on Washington station WTTG
- 21 – Heavyweight Wrestling enters syndication when it begins airing on WABD-TV in New York City as a summer replacement for the station's studio wrestling show and would soon become a permanent part of WABD's schedule
- 8 – Boxer Archie Moore beats wrestler Roy Shire by KO in the third round of a boxer vs. wrestler bout in Ogden, Utah
- 26 – Vince McMahon Sr. promotes his first wrestling card at Madison Square Garden in New York City, which draws only 10,400 fans to see an Antonino Rocca vs. Dick the Bruiser main event
- 23 - Ryuma Go
- 27 - Fidel Sierra
- 30 - Vigilante
- 18- Super Kendo
- 12 - Emilio Charles Jr.
- 12 - Bill Anderson
- 16 – Buck Weaver (Heart attack in the ring)
- 9 - Ed Francis wins the NWA Pacific Northwest title from Bud Curtis in Salem, Oregon
- 9 – Lou Thesz regains the NWA World title from Whipper Billy Watson in St. Louis, Missouri